PART TIME SECRETARY/BANK STAFF
Working 12 hours pw, Tues/Wed & Fri 4 hours per day. Supporting our busy surgery with the possibility of a number of additional hours to cover holidays.
Salary depending on experience.
Requires excellent people & administrative skills, organisation and team working in a busy and challenging job. Basic computer skills required but medical experience not necessary as full training will be given.
Immediate start available.
Please email CV and covering letter to Justine.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please email: Justine.email@example.com
REPORTS TO: THE PARTNERS (Clinically)
THE PRACTICE MANAGER (Administratively)
HOURS: 8-20 hours (flexible)
BANDING: Six (6). Please note, the practice does not adhere to Agenda for Change pay scales – however we use them as a guide.
To provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care for patients as well as providing nursing assistance to the doctors and other members of the primary healthcare team. The duties will include all tasks normally undertaken by an experienced RGN and in addition any roles agreed between the nurse and the doctors as appropriate, having regard to current training.
Although experience is preferred training can be offered to the right candidate. We have a tremendously supportive and friendly team here and want to find the right person to join us and develop responsibilities and capabilities over time.
Core Job responsibilities:
Management of Chronic Respiratory Disease Clinics
- In conjunction with the administrative staff, manage respiratory reviews;
- Follow up non-attenders;
- Identifying significant abnormalities;
- Diagnosis, monitoring and development of individual management plans; agreeing these as appropriate with the patient and other health professionals
Other Responsibilities, if Providing Cover for Colleagues:
- Assist in and perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed by the GPs
- Cervical Cytology
- Wound care/ulcer care/Doppler
- Removal of Sutures
- Travel Clinic
- Asthma/Peak Flow Readings/Spirometry
- BP monitoring
- Ear syringing
- Contraception Pill checks
- Routine immunizations/Childhood immunisations
- Chaperoning and assisting patients where appropriate who are being examined by another clinician
- Assisting GPs with minor surgery and coil fittings
- Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
- Carrying out NHS Healthchecks
- Administering injections eg depo neuroleptics, decapeptyl, B12
- Following agreed clinical protocols with referral to GPs as appropriate
Other tasks will include:
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment used by the nurses and GPs
- Maintain general tidiness and cleanliness of nurses and treatment rooms
- Ordering of treatment room stock & vaccinations to maintain stock levels
- Participation in administrative systems in the Practice
- Attending and participating in any Practice meetings and training organised when required.
- Co-operating and participating as required in any research projects or audits within the practice
- Any other delegated duties appropriate to the post
Please note, that it is the Practice's policy not to employ patients on the Practice list. Should you be a patient of the practice and be successful at interview, you would be required to leave the practice list in order to accept the job.